Some updates for this week -
- Yesterday [Nov. 9] on Alma (west of 54th off Adams) - an unlocked vehicle was broken into and tools were taken.
- Porch lights are a good crime deterrent, particularly now that daylight savings time is over and it is dark early.
- The College Area "party car" run by SDPD and SDSU police will be on hiatus until (hopefully) the start of the next semester in January. The department is not sure if the party car can be continued in the budget.
- After studying 59th St, the city's traffic engineering department turned down neighbor requests for speed bumps between El Cajon Blvd and Adams. They will reexamine traffic on that street after the Arosa/College Ave traffic light is installed.
- Reminder from Marti Emerald - trash and recycling collection schedule is not changed this week despite the holiday.